The article presents the results of monitoring the organization and learning outcomes of 780 children of preschool and school age with disabilities who live in residential homes of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation. Significant determinants that define the dynamics of mental development of children with mental retardation and the prospects for social activity and participation in social life in adulthood are established. On the basis of the data obtained, general recommendations for specialists who design the content of special individual development programs for children with severe multiple developmental disabilities were proposed, and psychological and pedagogical indicators of the social adaptation of children with intellectual disabilities for different age periods were determined.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- State Policy of the Russian Federation on Health Care and Protection of the Rights of Disabled Children in 1990-2000: On the Dynamics of Priorities (S.B. Lazurenko,N.A. Grigoryeva)
- Psychological and pedagogical rehabilitation of disabled children in boarding houses of the social security system: from purpose to practice (V.Z. Kantor,N.V. Nemirova)
- Directions of psychological assistance to disabled children with kidney disease at the stage of dialysis and after transplantation (T.V. Sviridova)
- Innovations in teaching disabled children with progressive diseases and uncertain life prognosis (S.V. Sharikov)
- Psychological support of a chronically ill child and his family at different stages of inpatient treatment (A.M. Gerasimova)
- Dynamics of cognitive development of children with disabilities as a criterion of social adaptation prospects in adulthood (S.B. Lazurenko,N.N. Pavlova)
- Topical issues of training nurses to work with disabled children and children with disabilities in educational institutions (T.G. Snegireva)