The article is devoted to the actual socio-psychological characteristics of children and adolescents with chronic kidney disease, who need constant medical monitoring of their health and psychological support to reduce the severity of negative experiences. Based on the analysis of Russian and foreign experience, it is shown that when determining the content of psychological and pedagogical assistance, one should focus not only on the psychological needs of the patient, but also take into account the severity of the condition and the stage of the disease. It reveals the algorithm, effective methods and techniques of psychological and educational work with sick children at different stages of treatment. The foreign experience of interdisciplinary interaction in the process of complex rehabilitation, implemented at the University Hospital of Heidelberg, Germany, is also presented. It is shown that because of the close cooperation of the clinic with educational organizations (kindergartens and schools), it is possible to improve the quality of life of patients, to increase their social activity. Special attention is paid to organizing self-help groups for families of patients undergoing long-term treatment, as well as therapeutic summer camps.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- State Policy of the Russian Federation on Health Care and Protection of the Rights of Disabled Children in 1990-2000: On the Dynamics of Priorities (S.B. Lazurenko,N.A. Grigoryeva)
- Psychological and pedagogical rehabilitation of disabled children in boarding houses of the social security system: from purpose to practice (V.Z. Kantor,N.V. Nemirova)
- Directions of psychological assistance to disabled children with kidney disease at the stage of dialysis and after transplantation (T.V. Sviridova)
- Innovations in teaching disabled children with progressive diseases and uncertain life prognosis (S.V. Sharikov)
- Psychological support of a chronically ill child and his family at different stages of inpatient treatment (A.M. Gerasimova)
- Dynamics of cognitive development of children with disabilities as a criterion of social adaptation prospects in adulthood (S.B. Lazurenko,N.N. Pavlova)
- Topical issues of training nurses to work with disabled children and children with disabilities in educational institutions (T.G. Snegireva)