The subject of the study was the specific features and violations of time perceptions in preschoolers with severe speech impairments (TSP) in the context of their influence on the predisposition of these children to dyscalculia.
The article presents and analyzes the results of a comparative search-ascertaining experiment, which assumed that children perform tasks of a diagnostic technique aimed at identifying in preschoolers with speech impairments the specific features of time perceptions concerning individual time intervals and the reflection of generally accepted time standards in speech. It is stated that children with TNR of senior preschool age are at the initial stage of the formation of their time perceptions, they hardly master the ability to coordinate and subordinate their movements to speech, rhythmic and visual instructions, experience significant difficulties in identifying cause-effect relationships and time perceptions in the process of composing a story on a series of plot pictures.
These negative features are one of the essential factors that determine the predisposition to dyscalculia, taking into account the need to search for and implement such forms of work to prevent this disorder, which should be correlated with the psychological structure of the process of mastering mathematics and the type of dysontogenesis of students.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Inclusive education of children with disabilities: the teacher competence through the prism of teachers’ assessments (V.Z. Kantor,Y.L. Proekt)
- Studying the Interaction of a Family and a Child with Hearing Impairment in the Conditions of the Early AID Service (O.A. Krasil'nikova,L.A. Koloyartseva)
- Features of Temporal Representations in Preschoolers with Severe Speech Impairments (S.J. Kondratieva,V.A. Kalyagin,A.V. Petrova)
- Children with Visual Impairment: the Specificity of Social Interaction with Peers in the Educational Process (G.V. Nikulina,A.G. Fomicheva)
- Age Features of the Educational Motivation of First Graders with Intellectual Disabilities (L.S. Mednikova,Y.T. Matasov,A.S. Kolokolova)
- Textual Competence of Primary School Children with Dysgraphy: Diag-nostic Experience (V.A. Kalyagin,P.A. Prishchepova)
- Specifics of Understanding Difficult Life Situations in Teenagers with Mental Retardation (Y.T. Matasov,L.S. Mednikova,U.V. Vasilevskaia)
- Personal Resources of Social Rehabilitation of Persons with Сongenital and Acquired Visual Pathology (I.P. Volkova,E.N. Kazankina)