The article is devoted to the problems of psychological diagnosis of developmental disorders in children. It is emphasized that the main task of psychological diagnostics is to develop the way of practical assistance to a particular child, taking into account the unique picture of his development. The concept and levels of psychological diagnosis are analyzed from the standpoint of the cultural-historical approach – symptomatic, functional and systemic. The importance of relying in the process of psychological diagnosis of abnormal development on ideas about age norms and the psychological structure of the defect is noted. Approaches to the dichotomy "normal – abnormal development" are analyzed. The concept of the age norm as a socio-cultural model is defined. The concept "psychological structure of the defect" is revealed. The stages of psychological diagnostics of abnormal development and the use of assistance in the process of its implementation are described.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Modern special education: challenges and possible responses (V.V. Khitryuk)
- Superstitions and ideals of modern special psychology (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- The evolution of the terminology of special psychology and pedagogy an international dictionary 2021 (N.N.Malofeev,V.V. Khitryuk)
- On the subject of special psychology (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- The concept of "psychological diagnosis" and its application in the diagnostics of abnormal mental development (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- Education and training of preschoolers with severe multiple disorders in the Republic of Belarus (A.A. Lemekh)
- The development of symbolic mediation of interpersonal ralations in school-children with learning disabilities as a factor of prevention of social dezadaptation (A.M. Polyakov)
- Formation of general labor skills in junior schoolchildren with mild mental deficiency (V.A. Shinkarenko)