The article is devoted to a comparative study of psychological characteristics that determine the orientation of the personality of persons with congenital and acquired visual pathology in conjunction with the indicators of their social rehabilitation. The article presents the results of an empirical study revealing the differences in personal attitudes in communication and the locus of control of thebornblind and late-onset blind, men and women with deep visual pathology. The main characteristics of life-meaning orientations and locus of control, mediating the level of social rehabilitation of the visually impaired, and acting as personal resources for increasing their rehabilitation potential, have been revealed. It is shown that the authoritarian orientation of the personality and the desire to dominate in communication, which reduce the possibilities of their social interaction and emotional stability, are the personal barriers to social rehabilitation of the bornblind and late-onset blind.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Inclusive education of children with disabilities: the teacher competence through the prism of teachers’ assessments (V.Z. Kantor,Y.L. Proekt)
- Studying the Interaction of a Family and a Child with Hearing Impairment in the Conditions of the Early AID Service (O.A. Krasil'nikova,L.A. Koloyartseva)
- Features of Temporal Representations in Preschoolers with Severe Speech Impairments (S.J. Kondratieva,V.A. Kalyagin,A.V. Petrova)
- Children with Visual Impairment: the Specificity of Social Interaction with Peers in the Educational Process (G.V. Nikulina,A.G. Fomicheva)
- Age Features of the Educational Motivation of First Graders with Intellectual Disabilities (L.S. Mednikova,Y.T. Matasov,A.S. Kolokolova)
- Textual Competence of Primary School Children with Dysgraphy: Diag-nostic Experience (V.A. Kalyagin,P.A. Prishchepova)
- Specifics of Understanding Difficult Life Situations in Teenagers with Mental Retardation (Y.T. Matasov,L.S. Mednikova,U.V. Vasilevskaia)
- Personal Resources of Social Rehabilitation of Persons with Сongenital and Acquired Visual Pathology (I.P. Volkova,E.N. Kazankina)