The article deals with the problem of the subject of special psychology. It’s actualized that the collective definitions of its subject by listing the categories of persons studied or types of abnormal development is not sufficient. The necessity of referring to the theoretical frame of special psychology – the cultural-historical psychology by L.S. Vygotsky. Special psychology is understood as a branch that studies the laws, patterns and dynamics of abnormal mental development, as well as the conditions for its correction. It indicates the presence of its own method – experimental-genetical method, which is both research and practical. The understanding of special psychology as a psychological practice is substantiated.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Modern special education: challenges and possible responses (V.V. Khitryuk)
- Superstitions and ideals of modern special psychology (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- The evolution of the terminology of special psychology and pedagogy an international dictionary 2021 (N.N.Malofeev,V.V. Khitryuk)
- On the subject of special psychology (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- The concept of "psychological diagnosis" and its application in the diagnostics of abnormal mental development (E.S. Slepovich,A.M. Polyakov)
- Education and training of preschoolers with severe multiple disorders in the Republic of Belarus (A.A. Lemekh)
- The development of symbolic mediation of interpersonal ralations in school-children with learning disabilities as a factor of prevention of social dezadaptation (A.M. Polyakov)
- Formation of general labor skills in junior schoolchildren with mild mental deficiency (V.A. Shinkarenko)